Building Permits & Inspections

In Virginia, towns are political subdivision of counties and are responsible for issuing construction permits and conducting building inspections for developments within the boundaries of the town.  Consequently, proposed developments in the incorporated Towns of Blacksburg or Christiansburg would need to be receive a permit for construction through the applicable town.  Proposed new construction in the unincorporated area of Montgomery County would need to receive a building permit through Montgomery County.

Who do I contact?

Incorporated Town of Blacksburg

Incorporated Town of Christiansburg

Unincorporated Area of Montgomery County

Contact Us

The Montgomery County Department of Economic Development (MCDED) offers a number of free and confidential services and resources to help companies large and small. We welcome the opportunity to provide direct assistance to companies interested in starting, expanding or relocating a business in Montgomery County, Blacksburg and Christiansburg. Contact us today!